Hi, I’m Sinead Kane and I want to briefly share my story.
I couldn’t choose to be born registered as legally blind with just 5% vision but I can choose how to live my life. I choose to be visionary not blind. I grew up in a small town in East Cork in Ireland. I have fought incredible odds to elevate myself into a brighter future. Throughout my years I have dealt with a lot of bullying and discrimination due to my disability. My career advisor teacher told me not to study law as it was a reading based subject and I wouldn’t be able to handle it due to my disability being my eyes. Growing up I was never encouraged to do any sport and always left sitting on the side during any sport activity. My turning point came when at 17 I began to plan my future not by saying, but by doing. Studying every evening to make sure that I would get into University to study law. My hard work and determination paid off when I received my law degree from University College Cork in 2004. I received my masters in law from University College Cork in 2005. In 2009, I qualified as Ireland’s first legally blind solicitor. Apart from my academic career I have excelled in my sporting life despite never being encouraged to do sport. At age 30 I was asked to do a 10k run for charity for children who were blind – Childvision. I said yes and completed the race. At age 32 I ran my 1st marathon. At age 34 I completed the world marathon challenge and became the first blind person worldwide to run 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days. I also became the first Irish female to run 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days. On the world marathon challenge I received a sportsmanship award which was nominated by other runners for the amount of $10,000 which I donated to charity – to the Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind.
I use the lessons of life, sport, and international travel to deliver dynamic presentations and interactive workshops.
What will I talk about?
- Activate Now! – This powerful program guarantees a fresh outlook on life. Imagine transforming a disinterested employee into a real go-getter, reigniting the professional passion in your core team or motivating your staff to feeling accomplished and fulfilled.
- Winning with Attitude – Strap yourself in for a roller coaster ride of humour, emotion and drama. When it’s is over, you’ll disembark with a different attitude towards your life – an attitude that enables you to rise above the crowd! Change your mind, change your world.
- Leading the Leaders – True leadership does more than simply inspire, it transforms. It allows you to take whatever team you have, whatever cards you have been dealt, whatever challenges you face, and create pure success.
- Keys to Team Synergy – Ever wonder why some businesses seem to achieve far more than others when they both seem to have the same resources? You will learn the importance of team cohesiveness, how to develop it, and how to sustain it. When you create a team where everyone’s strengths are harnessed and collective weaknesses are mitigated, you develop synergy and everyone involved will reap the monetary and emotional rewards.
- A Vision Purposed Life – Become the architect of your dreams and change your life forever. Whether you are a company made up of thousands of dedicated employees, a small enterprise staffed with just family members, or just one individual, greatness ultimately begins with one thing… great vision. I will show you how to create an empowering vision for yourself, your business, and your team.