Institute of Directors (IoD) Northern Ireland Women's Leadership Conference last Friday was a magical, energetic, and informative day. Well done Chelsea Brennan you and the team must be immensely proud for putting together such a fabulous event. There were challenges on the day with the weather but that didn't stop 400 plus delegates attending.
MC on the day was Susan Hayes Culleton CFA, "The Positive Economist" If your looking for an MC for your event I would highly recommend Susan. Very impressive MC. Susan knew how to get the best out of the speakers in her style of questions. Thank you Susan for making the day a memorable one for me and bringing a huge smile to my face.
I am extremely grateful that I was invited to attend as a speaker. The calibre of speakers on the day was phenomenal. I was inspired and learned from the other speakers.
Some nuggets that I left the audience with:
- Put yourself in diverse situations.
- Be an Advocate for yourself and others.
- Use your voice wisely.
- Ask yourself the tough questions.
- Be invested in your goals.
- Vulnerability allows you to connect to others.
- Think about your character.
- Value based leadership is important.
- Running teaches you about the world.
- The importance of winning teammates
If you haven't been to the IoD conference I would strongly recommend you attend next March. You will gain alot of insight
Dame Kelly Holmes your perseverance to get to the event despite the weather showed you are one determined lady. What a way to close the conference with your magical presence.
Thank you everyone. I had a great day.